WHAT’S IN MY BAG Vs WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN MY BAG

WHAT’S IN MY BAG , a trend we all love to follow ...


This post is going to be anything but the weekly features of prominent publications where they line up all the expensive and super pretty stuff as contents from some celebrity’s Hermes Matte Crocodile Birkin Bag. Those weekly features make you think that whatever in the name of God you carry around in your bag that within a week of getting a gorgeous new handbag after serious debate about HANDBAG! (NECESSARY OR ACCESSORY?) , my bag starts looking like dumping ground from the inside!

Had I not known how natural and prevalent this knack is among us women, i would have been seriously conscious of talking about contents of my filthy mess of a handbag, telling you all whats in my bag. But I do know! And knowing that I know many of you carry around chaos inside your pretty little purses makes it easy to lay bare the guts and innards of my handbag for all to judge.

Although, I am pretty sure none of us actively let the garbage compile inside our bags because honestly we keep “sorting and discarding” junk on our every expedition. Like the most common occurrence at supermarket billing counters! Where I usually get lost digging through variety of non-essentials to locate my wallet but instead come out with a handful of ancient receipts that I nervously try to dispose off in the nearest trash can under the impatient glares of cashier and costumers. Or, while intending to help someone with spare change but consistently failing to locate my wallet again until I clear away first few layers made-up of empty water bottles or wrappers or bills.

Image credit: Twitter @AcaciaBrinely 

Yet, when I sit down to transfer my things from one bag to another, I find myself sitting in front of indistinguishable heap of paper, makeup, edibles, perfumes, cards, makeup brushes, accessories, keys, unused but dirty Kleenex, hairbrush and grime and – Well indistinguishable! Looking more like laundry basket than HANDBAG “A FASHION RAGE” . Half the time this process turns into a fascinating event where I become happy and amazed at some long lost item found buried deep into the bottomless pit that my bag transforms into.

I, like the most of us, start out with a resolve of “Should Have Only” by putting only the absolute essentials. Essentials usually include; lip moisturizer, hand sanitizer, small cosmetic bag pouch (small because we’re meant to do ladylike touch-ups not YouTube makeup tutorial! We all have vanities at home to play famous makeup gurus), Kleenex, sanitary pads, couple of accessories, small first aid kit containing some painkillers and Band-Aids, mouth fresheners, wallet, keys, and phone. Of course, these are not stone-cast must-haves for every one of us, I know about each to their own and all that.
For about a week my bag even stays clean and organized but as the number of days increases, the number of items in my bag steps up to get in direct proportion. Before I know it I find myself toting around with travel luggage bag on my shoulder.

Do you ladies have organized handbags or do we share this universal affinity? Do tell me in the comment section below about your absolute essentials to have in your purse. J

Comments